Family picture

Family picture

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

The last few months have been so very painful.  I have wanted to begin posts about it, but I would start and couldn't finish.

 
 
 

We just buried my mom yesterday.  It has ended a long and agonizing time period for her and for us. 


She was diagnosed with dementia at the beginning of this year, and while taking the medicine for that issue, she developed severe stomach pains.  After two long months of many, many doctor appointments, tests, and even ER visits, she was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. 
 
 
Shortly after that, her oncologist admitted her to the hospital so he could help bring her pain under control.  Two days later she was taken to hospice where she passed away thirteen days later. 
 
 
I don't really know what to write.
 
 
Our hearts are broken.
 
 
We miss her so very much.
 
 
Her passing has also reopened the wound that was beginning to heal from Dad's passing.
 
 
 
It feels really strange and oh so sad to be parentless on this earth.
 
 
But,
 
 
Throughout all of the pain and suffering of the past few months, one thing is for sure.
 
 
We aren't alone.  We are not orphans.  We are loved.  Loved beyond measure.
 
 
 
We have a father in Heaven who cares even when we can not see. 
 
 
Walking by faith these last few months. 
 
 
Not by sight. 
 
 
That is what it was. 
 
 
 
When Mom and all of us came to the end of ourselves during this time, we still held onto our Lord's strength.
 
 
 
And He got us through.  He took Mom home and healed her completely.   He loves her even more than we love her.  He loves us just as much. 
 
 
 
Thank you Heavenly Father.  We love you so.


5 comments:

Wolfes Home said...

You've been in my prayers, Janet. I'm so sorry for your heartache.

Emily said...

I am so very sorry, Janet. You know that I've been praying.

Pam

Freedom Hollow Farmgirl said...

Oh Janet I am so very sorry. My daddy passed away February 18, 2013. He was diagnosed with lung cancer and 3 weeks later he was walking with Jesus. Daddy died in my arms. I had 11 days with him.

Every doctor that worked with him and delivered the grim news, daddy would look them in the eye and tell them, "I have a big God, and I believe in miracles!"

One day in an effort to shrink the cancer and give him some relief he went thru 3 rounds of chemo back to back, very aggressive chemo. Daddy came thru it like a rock star!

I stayed every night with him so he would not be alone. One night I finally got the courage to tell him that it was ok for him to go if he was tired of fighting. He looked me straight in the eye and said, "Only God knows when it is my time, and when He calls me home, then I'll go!"

Oh how I love that man! And not a single day goes by that I don't think of him.

Sending you a hug my friend, I know your pain.

Blessings,
Suzanne

jan said...

hugs..... xo, jan

Jean said...

Oh Janet- it is so hard to lose our parents no matter what age we are, it just hurts so much...

I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved Mom. Your words on this post were exactly right but it doesn't make it any easier.

HUGS to you,
Jean