Family picture

Family picture

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Exciting time on a Saturday morning




Well, we showed Elijah an exciting time today by doing some of Philip's favorite things.



First, there was the trip to Home Depot to make the kid's craft they sponsor once a month. Philip wore his handyman apron and worked intently to make a rain gauge. Elijah was content just to look upon the goings on.



Next, we took the boys to the combo Pizza Hut/Taco Bell. Oh boy, it doesn't get any classier than that for a noontime special!



Then we finished the fun time with a shopping trip to Walmart to buy . . .



Groceries


Yes, for some reason Philip enjoys going along to grocery shop when we do our "big grocery shopping" for the payday period. He even writes a list as we go. He likes it as much as toy shopping!!


I am not sure if Elijah appreciated the finer things of the day, but he sure was tired after the morning excursions and took a two-hour nap later. That was the real bonus for us!!! LOL!















It has been so fun watching Elijah learn to play with Philip. Instead of just throwing the toys and walking around, he now engages in imaginative play like when the boys pack and pretend they are going on a trip. That is what they were doing in these pictures. So cute!














We are all beginning to get over the nasty upper respiratory illnesses we adults have all had and are feeling more like ourselves again even though we are now living a "new normal."



In fact, I was feeling so normal again that I actually was able to get myself to church this morning. Since Kevin was serving communion at both services, I took Philip with me and asked Ted to stay home to watch Eli. (We really don't think Elijah is ready to go to church yet since he tends to shut down in new situations still. Maybe next week we can go and trade off staying with him in the nursery. We'll just have to see how that plays out.)



Anyway, as I was saying, I was feeling pretty normal and almost giddy about getting out of the house without a two-year-old to fuss over. It was great to be back at church, and I spent a good deal of time talking to people who wanted to know how we were holding up. I assured them we were getting along fine. It was only after I returned home that I realized I might not have been as convincing as I thought when I saw I had worn two different types of earrings (and they were really different types of earrings - one little and one big). Oh boy, somehow I don't think all those people were fooled this morning. Maybe we aren't quite back to "normal" yet.

LOL!!


4 comments:

jasnjoj said...

It takes a while for the new "normal", doesn't it, Janet?!?! Let us know when you get there...I'm certainly not there yet!

The earrings things was HILARIOUS!

Pam said...

I had to smile when I saw the photos of our boys playing "trip". My girls do exactly the same thing. Load up bags and packpacks and carry them all around. Too funny!

Wolfes Home said...

Oh how funny about the earrings! Yes, we moms just have to humor ourselves and pretend that we look put together. Ha! So glad you got to head out to church, sounds like it was just what you needed.
Hugs,

Jocelyn

chrisandlaura96 said...

I'm so happy to hear you guys are making such great progress on your new normal. Philip is SO adorable and sounds like a fantastic big brother. Eli sounds like he is really getting comfortable in his forever family. You guys sound like you are getting the hang of things! Good for you!
-Laura