A bloggy friend of mine, Linn, has Thankful Thursdays on her family blog each week listing what she is thankful for that day. Some of the items listed are silly and funny, while some are very sweet and touching. It is such a wonderful tradition and always brightens my day to read. Now that we have a family blog, I would like to start that tradition. I'm sure it will make our family of four stop and see how blessed we are even when we are having a bad day. Thanks Linn for the idea!
When I was little, my mom would always tell me things like, "Stop and smell the roses" or "Count your blessing." I would usually just roll my eyes at Mom and giggle. Now I can see what wise advice that really was. I guess this is a way to stop and smell our roses and count our blessings, too! Here's to you, Mom.
I am thankful for . . .
1. Our God who is a mighty God . . . And his love
2. My amazing husband who is my closet friend
3. Our two awesome sons God has given us and our third child on the way
4. The love of our parents, brothers, sisters, nieces, and nephews -
what a blessing they are to us
5. The love of our friends, too
6. The miracle of birth and adoption
7. Pasta in any way, shape, or form
8. Ice cream sundaes
9. Our faithful puppy dogs
10. The support of others in the adoption community
I am thankful for helpers big and small . . .
and a silly moment with Daddy swimming
across the living room!